FITTED ENGINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE RELIED UPON BY THE COMPANY IN THE CONDUCT OF ANY WORK UNDERTAKEN FOR AND UPON YOUR BEHALF. DO NOT ENTER INTO ANY AGREEMENT WITH US IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS. Should you have any questions as regards these conditions, please telephone us on 0175-3722294.
Hours of business
Mon - Fri: 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (excluding public & bank hols)
Saturday: 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Methods of payment
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Bank Transfer - paid to our account
- Bank or Building Society Draft (requires 7 working days to clear)
- Personal cheque (require 7 working days clear)
Please make cheque and drafts payable to Reconditioned Engines Limited.
Where you are provide us with your vehicle, please ensure that you remove all personal items from the vehicle itself. We accept no liability for loss or damage to any personal item howsoever lost or damages whilst your vehicle is in our control.
Alarms:- Please ensure that you give us the manual switch-off key to your car alarm and any remote control device.
Radios:- If your radio is of the "coded" type, please make sure you know the code, as this will be lost when the battery is disconnected during engine replacement.
Engine Nos: - To avoid any association with stolen vehicles, please note that the original engine number must be clearly legible on the cylinder block of your engine. We reserve the right to refuse to re-manufacture your engine if the number has been deleted, tampered with, or cannot be easily read. We reserve the right to report any suspicious activity or vehicle to the police and to retain any vehicle or engine block pending the conclusion of any investigation by the police. Please note that if and in the event we refuse to re-manufacture for this reason, that you will be still be charged a fee for the works that we have undertaken to the point of determining the above problem.
Engine Management Systems:- In some cases it may be necessary for fault codes, stored in the engine management memory, to be cleared using specialist equipment. This service is available for most vehicles at additional cost.
Air Conditioning:- In some cases, the gas in the air conditioning system may be lost during engine replacement and will require refill at additional cost.
1.Upon receipt of your email enquiry, we shall provide you with an initial quote in relation to an engine block which shall be referred to as a "bare unit" and shall only consists of a: - Cylinder head or heads, cylinder block, sump and all internal components. please note that as our initial quote is based upon the information which you provide, it is often the case that in order to re-manufacture your engine, additional parts may be required. This may increase the costs of re-manufacturing your engine. Accordingly, if you are able to provide us with any and all relevant information (if known) then we will be able to provide you with a clearer and more complete quotation.
2. When we re-manufacture your engine we may re-build your engine from existing parts or use second-hand parts or components from like for like, or compatible engines, such a determination shall be determined by the needs of your engine and at our absolute discretion. Upon examination of the engine, we shall produce a report detailing the works as required and this may include parts or components that are ancillary to the 'bare unit' cost.
Such ancillary components, as may be required, shall supplied at additional cost by the Company. Where requested, the customer may supply their own components which shall be fitted at no additional cost. We confirm that any part that is used by us in the re-manufacture of your engine, will be fit for purpose and will not impede the normal and expected performance of your engine.
3. Once your original engine has been removed, it will be dismantled and assessed for serviceability. The main components of your original engine, namely the cylinder head, camshafts, cylinder block, cylinder liners, crankshaft, connecting rods, & sump, must be in a condition whereby they may be re - used by the company. If any of these components cannot be re-used additional cost shall apply for replacement component. We will contact you and advise the appropriate additional cost before proceeding further. In addition, our technicians will also assess, where possible, the condition of the ancillary components that are to be transferred from your original engine to the replacement.
4. Should there be any items that we recommend for replacement, you will be contacted for authorisation before proceeding. It is therefore imperative that we are able to contact you at all times and would appreciate your home, mobile and work telephone numbers along with relevant e-mail addresses.
5. If ancillary components are found to be substandard or operationally inefficient these items may be replaced at additional cost or at the customers discretion, the customer may supply their own components of which shall be inspected by the company (at a reasonable charge for serviceability to the best of our ability whilst taking into account some components supplied may only be able to inspect to certain degree) before installation. Where an occasion arises when a customer has supplied his own components, the customer shall be required to confirm in writing, that the customer shall retain responsibility for the reliability of such components. The Company shall offer no warranty for parts supplied by the customer and shall accept no liability where the customer has supplied substandard parts which in our opinion, cause damage to the engine. If and in the event, the Company fails to install or connect any component, whether supplied by the Company or by the customer, we shall remain liable to rectify the fault and the costs of doing so accordingly.
6. The Company will contact the customer before proceeding. Where these parts are either, not available from stock, or replacement is declined by the customer, then recommendations may be made for these parts to be replaced by the customer at the earliest opportunity.
7. When a report is completed on your vehicle, we shall advise you of the total amount payable. If you decide not to instruct us to continue, then you will be charged those costs incurred by the Company in the recovery, removal, dismantling and cleaning of the engine, together with the costs incurred in the preparation of the report regarding the condition of your engine. You do not have to authorise any additional work but a refusal to do so, may prevent us from being able to re-manufacture and/or re-install your engine. Please note that if you do not provide your authority to proceed, we will not incur any further charges in repairing or replacing your engine. As your engine will have been dismantled and cleaned, your engine will be placed in the rear of your vehicle, pending collection. Please note that we may, from time to time, require payment of your invoice in full before being able to complete works on your engine. This may be because of the costs incurred in recovery parts for your engine or due to concerns that we may have in relation to your ability to pay for all works undertaken. Your statutory rights will not be affected.
8.From our experience, we have recognised that many vehicles share the same components and so, from time to time, we will utilise parts from different vehicles to re-manufacture your engine. This will not affect the build quality or output of your engine.
Should an occasion arise under the following circumstances:
9.Upon completion of works, or upon termination of instuctions, the Company will store your engine or vehicle for seven days. You are required to either arrange for the collection of your vehicle or engine, or upon payment of a delivery fee, we shall upon your instruction, arrange for your vehicle or engine to be delivered within 7 days. If your vehicle is neither collected nor arrangements made for the vehicle to be returned, then any liability associated with the care and safekeeping of the vehicle shall cease and you will be liable for the vehicle accordingly. You are required at all times, to maintain a valid policy of insurance whilst the vehcile is and remains in our control.
10. We have limited storage available within our premises. As such, whilst your engine or vehicle is on our premises, we are responsible for safety of your property. We are unable however, to store goods indefinitely as to do so, potentially prevents us from being able to provide appropriate security and/or continue to trade. Upon completion of works, should you fail to collect your vehicle or engine block, or should you fail to make or fund arrangements for the return of your engine/vehicle within seven days of completion of works, then the Company shall be entitled to charge you a daily (or any part thereof) storage charge of £10.00 + VAT. Any correspondence served upon you shall be charged at an additional rate of £30 plus VAT per item. If and in the event the vehicle and/or engine block has not been collected within 3 month from the date of completion of works or post mechanics report, the Company reserves the right to dispose of the vehicle in compliance with Torts (Interference Of Goods) Act 1977 without prejudice to its right to claim compensation for both work carried out and any storage charges.
11. We shall provide you with information at the time of booking, as to the expected period of time that it will take to complete the repairs to your engine. From time to time, we are required to source parts for your engine from locations throughout Europe and the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, where we are reliant upon a third party to provide said parts, there may a delay in finalising the repairs to your engine. We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that you are kept informed of all delays and provide you with information as to any time estimate. You shall be entitled to cancel your contract if and in the event the delay is, or is in your opinion, unreasonable. You will be required to make payment of our costs to the point of cancellation in such circumstances. Please note that in such circumstances, your vehicle will be returned to you at our expense, but the engine will not be re-installed into the vehicle and will be placed in the boot or other secure location within the vehicle.
12. If for any reason, work is no longer required and on customers request is not completed, the Company will charge a reasonable amount for the work actually carried out. The charge for labour shall be at an hourly rate of £60.00 +VAT per hour as per Autodata for the complete removal of the engine and dismantling of the ancillary components. Recovery costs incurred shall also be charged for (this includes any free of charge collection as these prices are subsidized and based on the proceedings of commissioned work. If such an occasion should arise where as, a free of charge recovery has been quoted and only part works have been completed, all recoveries will then be quoted at normal rates (£2.00+VAT per mile as of AA route finder and a minimum charge of £70.00 +VAT.)) . The engine / gearbox and parts removed will be placed in the boot of the vehicle, and will not be re-installed in the vehicle. Should you require the vehicle delivered back to you, this facility is available at additional cost.
13. All supplied engines will require "running in". The "running in" procedures are supplied on a separate sheet attached to your invoice. Please follow the instructions carefully.
14. Delays can arise in relation to the securing of car parts or components in relation to your vehicle. In some instances, parts may be ordered from overseas or from the manufacturer themselves. We cannot accept any liability for any loss arising from any such delay, but we shall endeavour to keep you appraised of any and al developments or delays accordingly.
15. Liability - You are required to remove any and all 'personal affects' from your vehicle before delivering the same to us. Our workshop is open to members of the public and as such, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal item, left in your vehicle. As such, whilst we shall assume liability for your vehicle and/or engine block whilst it is and remains in our possession (subject to clause 10 above), we shall not be liable for any personal property left within the vehicle.
Engine Service Charges:
Up to 1985cc. 1985cc.to 2479cc Over2480cc
500 mls.service £55.00 + parts + VAT. £ 70.00 + parts + VAT £90.00 + parts + VAT
6000 mls.service £90.00 + parts + VAT. £115.00 + parts + VAT. £145.00 + parts + VAT
Please Note: All engine services must be carried out by (1st Choice Engines) in order to maintain your guarantee